| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 1466|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Half (tent) stitches on HEAD, Arxinda, Crosti...?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-5-7 02:44
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I always assumed that you cross-stitched on these designs but I recently learnt that some stitchers do only half stitches, more like needlepoint than cross-stitch. I have not summoned enough courage to start on either Arxinda, HEAD, Crosti or other designs of more realistic looking but I'd love to learn more before embarking on such long-term commitment.

My question is: Is this common? How will it look when finished? Will you finish faster?

I'd love to see some pictures of the designs (either in progress or finished) done with half stitches only.

Thank you for sharing.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Post time: 2017-4-8 23:56
| Show all posts
I do tent stitching on a HEAD but I work on 28 count and I didnt find full cross look nice and half cross looks good to me. And the work go faster I did one page in 2 weeks every day about 3  hours.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-23 00:14
| Show all posts
It can look great and save you lots of time when done correctly. Make sure you test stitch using a different number of strands so you can find the best coverage

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-19 15:32
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-9 03:46
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 03:22
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 05:39
| Show all posts
Thank you so much

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-7 11:28
| Show all posts
in my opinion... tent stitching or half-cross stitching can look great!!!

plus it can save you a lot of time in stitching your project.

I would suggest, that you do some sample stitching before you start a really large project.  There are a lot of variables to consider, and not everyone will agree on what is best, it can come down to personal taste.  (variables can include, cloth count, needle size, number of strands, type of stitches, etc...)

Try stitching a small area (on spare cloth, if you have it)... perhaps choose a detailed area, like an eye, and stitch a couple of inches worth (or sections), then you can see how it looks before fully committing to all the variables... You can even try stitching a small section using different number of strands, etc to see what you like best.

I have seen some tent stitched projects that look amazing... On HAE's forums and samples (sorry I don't have any links).  

For one project, the stitcher said it warped the canvas a little bit, (because the tension was always pulling it in same direction)... She didn't mind, because she would just block it or square it up in the framing process...

Comments

That's great advice Jandir. I will try that. I agree that personal taste is ... very personal Thankyou.  Details Reply Post time 2013-5-7 14:16

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-5-7 14:16
| Show all posts

That's great advice Jandir. I will try that. I agree that personal taste is ... very personal ;P

Thankyou.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-23 11:56
| Show all posts

Thank-you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-2 02:00
| Show all posts
Edited by misty60820 at 2013-9-2 02:09

i tent and it does go faster for me. my scanner is currently not working so i can't scan up any of my finished stuff. i do not notice any difference between tented and cross stitch. on the haed website, there is a link to the board on there. signing up for membership is free on there and they have tons of wip's in progress where some women do tent. just be careful on there because copyright is their favorite word. the owner is vigilant in making sure no one shares her stuff. so if u do go in there, make sure u say i own this chart if u start posting questions. Also, if you should sign up, do a search of tent and u will find what u are looking for. :)

Comments

one day, i might be brave enough to tent on 14 but i have not gone there yet lol. And tenting on 14 count will definitely take six strands of floss, no doubt.  Post time 2013-9-3 01:04
and when using 310 which is black or 939 which is that navy blue black, i do use up to 5 or 6 strands because sometimes it does show. I take advantage of floss sales to save money on my floss.  Post time 2013-9-3 01:01
i tent on 18 count myself. I have no problems at all using it. I use 4 strands of floss though but i would rather spend more money on floss than spend 2 years on a project.  Post time 2013-9-3 00:59
Thank you very much for your advice. Do you think I could do tent on 18 count? We all have downloaded tons of designs and full crosses do take long to finish :)  Post time 2013-9-3 00:42

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-29 09:19
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-10-1 18:27
| Show all posts
I have seen some HAEDS done in tenting stitch and it looks good. Personally for me I prefer stitching full stitches with just 1 strand of floss.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 02:04 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069001 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list