Forgot password?
 Register
Author: waterlillie
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] My new toy

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-2-8 01:55
| Show all posts
I have been using eCanvas for cross-stitch for my android. It lets me highlight a single color, mark stitches that are complete and gives me instructions to prepare a file for use from Pattern Maker (so xsd files) which you export as a graphical image then import into the program. It works really well, and the developer seems to be adding features all the time. It is also FREE!!!!

I use a stylus and that works really well. My Samsung doesn't have a built-in pen.

Comments

Yes, this one does those same things. I really like being able to keep the crossed out stitches from different colors as well.  Post time 2016-2-9 01:37
Also, mine has layers, so I can use 1 color, then turn it off and use a different one, with the crossed out stitches in a different layer so they always show.  Post time 2016-2-8 07:11
I will try it, thanks for the info. I sounds like the one I have, although the one I have will ignore it if my hand touches the screen, I kink of like that.  Post time 2016-2-8 07:08

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-17 14:30
| Show all posts
I will have to look into finding a program like this for my tablet

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-23 19:51
| Show all posts
i use ezpdf on my android tablet. like how you attached it to your stand. must try that.

Comments

I use the ezpdf for crochet patterns. I like the Sketchbook better for cross stitch, you can use layers and draw & erase much easier.  Post time 2016-2-23 22:24

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-24 05:06
| Show all posts
That's awesome!  I have a Samsung and would like to try this; what program or application are you using?

Comments

doesn't allow as big a file.  Post time 2016-2-25 22:10
Autodesk Sketchbook for Galaxy, it's a little complicated but good once you figure it out. I've also used PS Touch, I downloaded the version from the Samsung site, it works with the pen, but it  Post time 2016-2-25 22:10

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-25 23:10
| Show all posts

did you get it through the app store?

Comments

Yes I did. I've now also upgraded to the paid version, which lets you look at larger charts. It works pretty well for an app!  Post time 2016-2-26 01:08

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-9 05:49
| Show all posts
thanks for all the great tips & comments I have been thinking about a Samsung tablet with pen, right now I am using my new lap top, I find it is better than having to print all the patterns out & I can scan & join pages together saving all the ink I normally use on my printer.:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-11 21:28
| Show all posts
Edited by carolinebrown66 at 2016-3-11 21:35

i used ezpdf before on my tablet, now got a new windows tablet and using foxit, still finding my way around this one. can anyone suggest anything else that i can use

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-11 21:39
| Show all posts
waterlillie

Login/Register to enlarge
2013-12-20 04:21

I use an old music stand. I put some magnetic boards on it. I used to hold the pattern on with magne ...

be careful with the magnets, I had to get my tablet repaired cause I had an earth magnet too close to it, fried the main board

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-11 22:22
| Show all posts
waterlillie

2015-2-16 04:01

That sounds like a really good app. I have always highlighted the stitches in different colors, but ...

only for pdf's, its also android, I have tried using on windows through an emulator but not much luck, works but isn't at its best

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-11 22:30
| Show all posts
waterlillie

2015-2-16 04:01

That sounds like a really good app. I have always highlighted the stitches in different colors, but ...

only for pdf's, its also android, I have tried using on windows through an emulator but not much luck, works but isn't at its best

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 20:39 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.042297 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list