Forgot password?
 Register
Author: Reptilegirl27
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Big Framing Issue

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-9-23 22:38
| Show all posts
I haven't framed anything yet... My pieces that people have they put in Walmart frames and it looks fine.

Comments

Yup I think that's the route I'm going :)  Post time 2013-9-24 04:36

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-24 08:36
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-29 02:56
| Show all posts
Oh dear, there are so many ways to finish your work, especially little ones, that I hated to hear this would be your first and last project!  I love little pincushions, and often just sew them into a little pillow.  They look charming in little baskets, or hanging off a hook with a little ribbon hanger.  Whenever I start a few project, the first thing I decide is how it will be finished, and make it to fit a standard size frame, if framing.  I also look at thrift stores for frames, as with a can of paint, they can be perfectly matched.  I have even painted mat board to match.  Yes, professional work is pricey, so it has to be considered when gift giving.
I have even made fabric covered frames which are just as nice. I have framed pieces without glass that are over 20 years old that only need occasional vacuuming.  They look as good as new.  I hope you show us the finished piece soon!

Comments

Thanks Kathy. Yes this piece is quite large. It was my first and I am very inexperienced and didn't know how much was involved. I did some frame shopping though so soon I hope it'll be done done :)  Post time 2013-9-29 05:52

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-3 01:10
| Show all posts
Great ideas in this post.  I never even thought of framing my pieces by myself.  

Comments

You'll have to tell me how it looks once you have framed it.  Post time 2013-12-3 04:47
Mine is still sitting in the bag...finished and ready for framing....but no frame. It's a really big piece though. I just gotta get the money together to buy the stuff :(  Post time 2013-12-3 02:43

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:11
| Show all posts
Thank you so much for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 06:09
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 20:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050158 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list