Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: Braenn
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Small problem with hoop

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time: 2013-10-28 18:14
| Show all posts
Found Q-strap in Poland, not so expensive one. Thanks for help :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-6 05:29
| Show all posts
I used to LOVE working on my hoops but got so tired of not being able to get the stitches to look right again after having to tighten down on part of my design. How do you all do that? It seems smart to wrap the hoops to minimize damage to the stitches and tighten the work. Sounds like a good idea.

Comments

It's normal that stitches will flat a little. They're back to normal after washing  Details Reply Post time 2013-11-7 05:53

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-11-7 05:53
| Show all posts

It's normal that stitches will flat a little. They're back to normal after washing :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-23 18:27
| Show all posts
I use a sprung hoop and the tension is fab

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-31 23:09
| Show all posts
I find the bigger the hoop, the more difficult to keep the tension.  Generally I like to use the smaller 6" hoop and I don't have to tighten it very often (if ever).  But the 8" hoop is a different story!  I have to tighten it every strand almost. It is annoying but I like the consistency.

I may try a Q Snap the next time I place an order online.  They didn't have them at the store the last time I was there.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-1 09:33
| Show all posts
I prefer a plastic hoop over a wooden one. If yours is wooden, you may want to bind it to help with your tension problem.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-8-1 04:52
| Show all posts
I agree with xxstitcher a plastic hoop does keep the tension but only in the smaller sizes. If you require a larger hoop above 8-inches I find using a wooden quilt hoop does the trick.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-8-4 06:43
| Show all posts
I hate hoops - so I don´t use them... instead of my QSnap, which is awesome to work with! You can adjust your fabric as you like, so it´s always neat as possible.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-12-4 07:08
| Show all posts
I have found that if you want a larger hoop (I used to stitch on a 12" or 14" hoop), it has to be a really wide hoop --like an inch or more to grab the fabric enough to keep it taut. I eventually oved over to scroll frames (Millennium and Omanik frames) to get that drum-tight surface.  I also like things to be REALLY tight to stitch!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 02:14
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-23 19:05 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062998 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list