| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: Elyariete
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] CXC embrodery floss: do you know ?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-6-17 05:13
| Show all posts
El DMC de seda despinta

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-10 15:53
| Show all posts
I have made a small test cross stitch using CXC, but I also use it for other crafts.  CXC is 100% polyester, it's lovely and soft and has a nice sheen to it.  I had heard that is has improved from a number of years ago too.  It's strands give a little more coverage than DMC too so this can be a great bonus for some counts and tent stitch.  Colour is as consistent with DMC as DMC is to itself (DMC dye batches do differ especially with some colours).  You may find your tension is a little different to cotton/DMC but you quickly adjust to it.

I will be doing my fist HAED with it.  Considering it's price it seems like a very good and viable alternative to DMC.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-27 10:49
| Show all posts
I recently started using CXC thread and I absolutely LOVE it!!!!! Exact colour and number match to dmc and really soft and thick to use. Covers much better than dmc. I will be using it from now on. And so inexpensive too!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-7 15:19
| Show all posts
Allemaal verschillende meningen ik blijf voorlopig bij DMC, bedankt voor het delen

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-6 22:01
| Show all posts
I like cxc and use it in maby works.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-31 03:28
| Show all posts
I just received my order of cxc today from AliExpress. I ordered two complete sets for $61. It took about 3 weeks to arrive. I compared color and texture and I am very happy! I was going to include a picture but not sure how to. The labels say 100% cotton. I used the seller Factory-Shop, I have been told you can select your colors, via a spreadsheet for large projects.

Comments

Can you please give us the name of the shop you brought CXC floss from  Post time 2017-12-6 22:31

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-7 06:44
| Show all posts
Edited by StitchFairy at 2017-12-6 18:03

Factory-Shop is who I ordered from last time

However I plan to order from wuxiyibo the next time, little cheaper and really good reviews.

If you google aliexpress and the store name it will give you a link to the store.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-8 18:36
| Show all posts
never tried but im planning to buy CXC for my HAED projects. they say it is good substitute for DMC.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-5 22:12
| Show all posts
Красива изработка!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-26 09:04
| Show all posts
CXC is 100% polyester: it melts, not scorches like cotton and wool. You can use it, but unpicking will leave lots of fibres behind. The colour batches are more inconsistent than Anchor and DMC. You can use it for a lot of things but I recommend not to use it for long lasting family heirlooms.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 08:15 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.036238 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list