Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: jt1077
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Gridding

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-7-10 10:10
| Show all posts
Amazon has a smaller roll of 4# red fishing line; I bought some and tried it but ran out of patience.  The 4# went through the eye of the needle with no problem, I think my problem was counting those tiny little squares.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-10 19:00
| Show all posts
very nice knowledge

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-22 08:10
| Show all posts
I grid only big projects, just using fine washable crayola markers (stole few from my kids :D, it's cheaper then special fabric pen/pencils and you don't need to run around looking for it, or to order) If to use light colours and not make very thick line, it comes off very easy when I wash my work after it's done.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-23 22:34
| Show all posts
Thank you for this helpful tips

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-24 17:58
| Show all posts
Great ideas!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-5 11:02
| Show all posts
i never tried gridding

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-4 17:11
| Show all posts
I grid with a pen : Pilot Frixion - the ink disappears when you iron the finished project. Its a heat sensitive ink.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-21 00:39
| Show all posts

I haven't tried the fishing line.  I use regular thread because I find it easier to snip the gridlines out of the way of my stitching as I do the work.  I don't pull out the whole thread - just the thread which is in the way of the stitching.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-24 06:19
| Show all posts
jillyann

Login/Register to enlarge
2015-1-7 18:20

I use red fishing line. So easy to see it. I bought it online. The light green fishing line was OK b ...

Didn't even consider fishing line at first since I didn't think it would be very visible.  Now that you mention it can be bought in red (which I will be able to see easily) I'm going that route.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-11 08:34
| Show all posts
i have tried a washable pen but am scared it wont come out, I have tried fishing line and i found on some fabric it was hard to see. Now I use a black rayon quilting thread, it comes in black and it is similar to fishing line but finer and easier to work with... it is cheap and i can get it at my local fabric store.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-23 20:56 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.047217 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list