Register
Author: berryberry72
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Dyeing Aida

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-10-24 04:14
| Show all posts
When painting a white canvas enjoyed this recipe:
strong coffee (instant) brewed with boiling water, put a cloth. Keep a few minutes (depending on the strength of the coffee and the desired shade), rinsing, drying. When washing with a mild shampoo and soft powders do not shed. Similarly, the fabric dyed in strong tea. Different varieties of tea and coffee produce different shades.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-10-28 20:07
| Show all posts
Я красила акриловыми красками для ткани. Добавляю краску в воду до нужного оттенка. Водичка должна быть теплая. Опускаю канву. Если нужно с разводами, то отжимаю руками (сминая канву), если нужен ровный цвет, то просто даю стечь воде. Затем на гладильную доску под утюг! Аккуратно проглаживаю до полного высыхания. Все готово! Канва в последствии не линяет. Краску использовала фирмы DECOLA TEXTILE

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-10-29 11:03
| Show all posts
I would love to try, but I'm afraid of completely messing it up!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-17 23:33
| Show all posts
I read somewhere you could dye it with martha stewart fabric medium and acrylic paint but in my country is not easy to find this product... The dyed aida is very expensive...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-19 09:25
| Show all posts
Edited by oldwoman at 2015-11-19 09:31

I recently dyed my first piece of linen. I used a high temp dye which you are supposed to boil. I found them less expensive than the 'cold' dyes. I did the background colour in a pot on the stove, then dripped a second colour over, sealed it in a plastic bag and microwaved it to heat set it. I boiled it a bit more after that to make sure it was set - it was, I soaked it in an oxi stain remover to make sure. It may not have needed all the heat setting a I gave it but it was a first time experiment. It didn't turn out the colour I intended either, but you cant really tell what the colour is from a sticker on the container. Any way I know a little more for the next time I try.
IMG_0254.JPG

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 05:30
| Show all posts
Waiting for the answer

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 03:09
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-4 02:12 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057224 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list