Forgot password?
 Register
View: 269|Reply: 6
Collapse the left

Backstitching

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-8-9 19:06
| Show all posts |Read mode
I am working on a pattern by Bothy Threads which requires a lot of backstitching.  I would like to know on those who backstitch, do you prefer to backstitch as you go or wait until the entire pattern is complete then fill in the backstitch?

Thanks,
Post time: 2016-8-12 10:07
| Show all posts
I think it depends on the mood  I'm not a sewer, I knit so if I had to do the backstitch, I would probably do it as I go rather than do it all at once.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-8-13 23:07
| Show all posts
Thank you.  I have tried both and I think I like doing it all at the end so it is a continuous look across the whole pattern.  I tried knitting but the only thing I was good at was Granny Squares

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-8-18 23:26
| Show all posts
I like to wait and do it all at once at the end.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-8-21 05:57
| Show all posts
Thanks for answering.  Sometimes the backstitch looked too loose so I have gone back to backstitching shorter sections instead of longer runs.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-19 08:05
| Show all posts
I wait until the end because it is my least favorite part and being so close to finished gets me through it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-29 02:30
| Show all posts
I work all my cross stitches then my backstitches then my French knots. But nothing wrong with backstitching as you go. Whatever works for you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-7-14 13:33
| Show all posts
Ok babe I’m sorry I fell in love with you babe babe I wanna was the day you were going to come over here and you

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-3 23:39 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.049049 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list