Register
View: 793|Reply: 22
Collapse the left

No one sharing?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-9-14 01:52
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by LitteGirlInMe at 2017-9-14 01:53

It seems that less and less of us are sharing crochet patterns. More and more of us are charging rediculous gold coin for them when they actually do share. I've shared so many. I do like getting them. Not happening much here of late.  Does anyone get the reoccuring theme of this gripe? Yeah, it's "share". Makes me want to share less.

Post time: 2017-9-14 21:52
| Show all posts
I don't share I have no time for it, cost a lot of work.
And have a few hours to stitch a day, + a very good reason I can't share personal.

Comments

I know why you have problems. *hugs*  Details Reply Post time 2017-9-15 00:39
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-14 08:51
| Show all posts
I've shared quite a few of late, many of which I've personally purchased.  I just posted TWO requests in the bounty area, we'll see what happens.  While viewing the bounty area one of the patterns I fell in love with I actually went and purchased, then posted here.  Sadly, given I'm on Social Security, I can't always do that which is why I'M HERE LOL!!!  I "splurged" and bought something today for 100 GC HOWEVER, it was a pattern book with 7 patterns so I thought it warranted the cost.  I try to keep my posts to 50 GC or under but I did post one very popular pattern here (it was one of three - two of which had already been posted) for 75 GC because the other two were posted at 100 GC each.  Have I mentioned that I HATE greed????  What makes it even worse is they charge you 30 GC for the download itself - sometimes you're paying more to download than the pattern itself costs - any idea why the download cost is so high?  They don't actually get any real money for the coins so why gouge the member?  I'm sure they have their reasons but I'd love to know what they are :-)  Did a mod actually call you out for giving away coins?  Maybe they want people just to work really hard on the site to get the coins???  Like you said, this is a sharing site, not a get as much as I can for what I have site...  Just my two cents (which isn't usually worth even the two cents LOL).
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-9-14 23:57
| Show all posts
Yes, A mod actually did call me out on it.
Mod "she is a member since 2011 and it's not your job to send always coins around to new members."
"     
    You  
    Is there a rule that prohibits me from sending coins to people? I never claimed that it was a job. I just like being nice."
Mod "just a question, what is the point to send 1000 coins to member who is 1-2 times in the year in here. She is a member since 2011 and still on Level 1, she only come here to download a chart and come back next year again.
Guess what??"
You  
The point is to be nice. Is there a rule I have broken?"

I got no further correspondence. Ever. That was in 2015. and nope, what she had to say did not stop me. I share a lot of patterns. What on earth am I going to do with all the gold coins I accumulate? They are mine to give away. Sharing is supposed to be why we are here.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-14 05:42
| Show all posts
I no longer share because a)  I have no patterns to share and b)  an old mod made a nasty comment to me when I did share.  Besides, more and more people are asking for outrageous coins for patterns. Its not right, this is suppose to be a sharing group, its not.  I'd rather give my gold coins away to newbies and those who need it.  I don't buy patterns over the regular 50 or 60 gold coins. People are so greedy.  It all started with one  person and then people in other countries started doing it.  I know you can post up to 999 gcs, but its ridiculous and the mods won't do anything about it.  So no, I don't share

Comments

I accidentally asked for coins to see something when I first joined - it was an accident though and agree it is wrong to ask for GC just to look at something.  Post time 2017-9-15 09:57
I agree with sundrop, for a small pattern some members asked a lot of coins.  Post time 2017-9-14 22:02
Some members are asking coins to see their work, I was shocked.  Post time 2017-9-14 22:00

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-9-14 07:11
| Show all posts
Well, I have shared. I have 342 threads of sharing. It's getting old. There are plenty of people offering a bounty for patterns , but not sharing. I got "taken to task" for giving my gold coins to newbies, which only intensified because I was taken to task. I asked if there was a rule against it. It effectively got her off my back. The mods here are almost always sweetie pies. I understand thier position on many things. One of them is they can not change what you ask for, nor can they really tell you what to charge, since it is the sites rules. But anyway, my issue is NOt with the mods. It's with people here who do not share.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-19 17:47
| Show all posts
I agree with all of you. I'm new here, I'm already in DIY.2
The first thing I did when I joined was sharing patterns requested in the bounty area.
After that I shared other patterns that wasn't shared. All of my shared patterns I carged 50 GC.

I found it ridiculous to asked so many GC for a pattern.
And to make it even crazier I just saw that someone asked 400 GC for a free pattern. The Mod didn't changed it to 10GC. That's what creed looks like!

LittleGirlInMe with being nice you will come a long way. Just keep that in mind ;p

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-12-11 05:48
| Show all posts
I spend fortunes on patterns and I love to bounty hunt it's may favorite thing to do, I love the challenge of finding the rare and I have way more patterns than I'll ever make in 2 lifetimes, but I can't seem to stop. Just when I say that's enough I find another pattern I have to have. I'm all for sharing but the prices are getting crazy.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-19 21:04
| Show all posts
Edited by Bleunoko at 2017-9-20 03:50

I'm still new to this site and I love the patterns but I'm still trying to figure out things.

Can you only share files from a computer? I only have my phone for Internet and would like to try share to earn some coins. Thank you for any tips and help!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-5-22 20:25
| Show all posts
I've seen some where it's level 90 just to look. I ask why? Your not buying, just looking. I don't think permission needs to be be set that high to browse. I know this has nothing to do with cost, just thought I'd mention this. Have a great day

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-14 02:22
| Show all posts
You can't people asked for sharing crochet patters, maybe they have a reason for it, I don't know.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-9-14 05:11
| Show all posts
Of course I can ask that they share. That's what the site is all about.

Comments

I agree you can asked, please read my answer.  Post time 2017-9-14 21:54

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-9-14 23:58
| Show all posts
Just thought I'd add this. I used to just send 1,000. Now I send to newbies amounts of 5,000. last time? to 3 newbies. Each 10,000 each. Hopefully, they will be sharing members. and not just take, take, take.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-9-15 00:39
| Show all posts

Comments

I meant level 0 till 2.  Post time 2017-9-15 17:44
My health, Little girl in me. Thanks for your hug, I will need it. I can only share coins to buy a giftcard. I thought I could say for 1 till 2, every member can pick a coin, even in the highest level   Post time 2017-9-15 17:43

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-2 17:43 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080019 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list