Forgot password?
 Register
Author: StitchFairy
Collapse the left

November Chit Chat

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-11-10 07:24
| Show all posts

Wonderful, I'd love to stitch that, Thanks!!

Most people here celebrate Christmas too, some even do Halloween but that is only because the shops have been pushing it for sales for years. It's rare for anyone to do anything more than dress up tho so most houses wouldn't be prepared with candy etc.  My family celebrates the Winter Solstice aka Yule (longest night / shortest day) on May 21/22nd

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +1 Collapse Reason
StitchFairy + 1 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-11-10 07:59
| Show all posts
You might want to visit myspace......just saying

Comments

Thanks for letting me know I didn't realize I had privacy on.  Details Reply Post time 2017-11-12 04:28
can't visit your space because you pt privacy on, turn it off and we can see:)  Post time 2017-11-11 04:15

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-11-10 22:55
| Show all posts
What’s going on for you today? It’s Friday! Yay!
It is my last day of work this week and I can CrossStitch more on the weekend.
I want to finish the candy cane ornament and package it. Scan and upload some more patterns. Declutter/destash some more.
I also have to clean and declutter my clothes closet. I need to switch to my fall and winter clothes.

Comments

lol just switched my clothes, it a real pain! I'm knitting fingerless gloves at the moment  Post time 2017-11-11 04:16

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-11 00:27
| Show all posts
Hi StitchFairy and everyone,
Yes, let's chit-chat : )  
My current knitting project is a Veronika Cardigan for myself.  I rarely make a adult-sized patterns but how many shawls/cowls/neckwarmers/scarves etc. can one woman have, lol.  

Thanksgiving, my husband will make the traditional turkey with all the trimmings (I don't cook) but it will be a small dinner since our family is small and spread out across the country.

I make at least one new decorative Christmas item every year depending on which craft I'm into at the time.  After 30+ years they've added up so I've been slowly shipping them down to my daughter's family.  I haven't decided what to make this year so it's a good excuse to visit the new Michaels craft store for "inspiration".  We retired to a pretty rural area so ANY new store is a really big deal!  Not quite used to country living yet...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-11 00:33
| Show all posts
sundrop016

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-11-7 10:20

that's what this is  Its a chit chat room.  Thanksgiving we will be with family in NY. Where  are  ...

A professional Santa and Mrs. Claus!  Now that sounds like fun   Do you work together?  

Comments

yes we do and its a lot of fun and very rewarding:)  Post time 2017-11-11 04:13

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-11-12 04:28
| Show all posts
Edited by StitchFairy at 2017-11-12 04:31
StitchFairy

2017-11-10 07:59

You might want to visit myspace......just saying

Thanks for letting me know I didn't realize I had privacy on. I think I have it open now please let me know.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-11-12 04:34
| Show all posts
Happy Saturday!
I slept in today, done laundry and odds and ends. I started my finishing for the candy cane ornament. But I don't have a trim that I like. So will look at the store next week. I also want to look online for ideas.
Need to stitch a bit and then might start on the closet. I have potato soup in the instant pot.
What are you up to today?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-11-13 03:13
| Show all posts
It is a gloomy rainy Sunday here.
I have finished cleaning organizing my closet, 3 sacks to charity and one sack to family. It feels so nice to look in the closet and it is all organized.
Plus it is good to know what you have that way you don't want to buy more.

Now I am on the computer to get some of my tasks complete on Swagbucks and here of course.
Then I plan to stitch the rest of the day away.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-16 03:19
| Show all posts
Sylvana

2017-11-8 05:55

I live in the Netherlands, we have no Thanksgiving, but Santa Claus that is a man very very old and  ...

I have never heard of Black Peter either so I find it most interesting.  I agree that here it would be considered racist for sure.  England has Golly (not related to the holidays), a very cute black doll.  When I grew up I had the story book "Little Black Sambo" and I LOVED it.  Never saw ANYTHING racist about it - it was a charming story of a little boy in the jungle who turned a bad tiger into butter!  I do not see that story book in publication today and if it were I'm sure someone would rewrite it to take out "black".  We also have many very poor families here that get have little or no money, especially for presents.  When I was working we had a "giving" tree.  One could choose a card off the tree and fill the list for a family in need. I always found it amazing how someone would say they wanted to help then when they saw the list they'd become angry because an 8 year old asked for a Nintendo (expensive item).  But, why wouldn't an 8 year old want the same thing that every other 8 year old wants - they're kids, they just want to fit in and perhaps get something they'd love to have.  It is so sad.  I don't have lots of money but I do have some time so I try to volunteer, cooking, delivering, whatever I can.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-7-15 09:49
| Show all posts
Hi Sid and wind wind which mechanics I'd me a kennel Nehemiah down dis chai Emma djkqjnds

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-6 12:14 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086079 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list