Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 2866|Reply: 21
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Problems with Belle Soie silks

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-8-2 23:42
| Show all posts |Read mode
Has anyone else had problems with Belle Soie silks disintegrating while you stitch?  I had purchased a single color to stitch a silhouette and the silk just kept falling apart.  I would love to try the silks again, but I don't want to invest if this is a common problem.  I am hoping I just got a bad batch.  Thanks!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2022-4-6 21:27
| Show all posts
They are so expensive, yet they seem like seconds. They gray or just separate. And I use shorter lengths.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 06:31
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 03:42
| Show all posts
I tried ThreadworX

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-3 03:12
| Show all posts
Out of the brands I've used, that one is my least favorite!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-8-3 04:21
| Show all posts
Reply 2# xsmom214

What do you prefer?  I have been mainly a DMC gal, but I want to get adventuresome and try some silks and some variegated floss.  Are you familiar with Au Ver A Soie?  Thanks!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-3 10:31
| Show all posts
I really love HDF!!  I haven't had any quality issues, the colors are gorgeous, and the price can't be beat;P  Plus, the owner is really nice, that's important to me.  Carrie's Creation silks are also awesome and affordable:)  If money isn't a concern, my favorite (so far!) would be Gloriana.  They're so wonderful to stitch with.  Oh, can't forget Waterlilies by Caron, also great:)

I haven't tried AVAS yet but I'm hoping to buy some tomorrow, LOL:)  The nearest store is pretty far from me but I have to be in that area...I'm hoping I can add a quick side trip.

HTH:)

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
Strawberry Cat + 2 Usefull

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-8-3 22:43
| Show all posts
Reply 4# xsmom214

Thanks so much for all your suggestions!  I will be certainly checking them all out.  Good luck getting some AVAS, I have heard great things about them.  Have fun shopping!  :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-20 22:17
| Show all posts
I tried ThreadworX and that was cool too.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-20 22:28
| Show all posts
I never try those threads...only dmc or anchor

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-2 03:15
| Show all posts
I've never used it and  now will not try it.  thank you for sharing this

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-4 06:03
| Show all posts
I really love HDF!!  I haven't had any quality issues, the colors are gorgeous, and the price can't be beat  Plus, the owner is really nice, that's important to me.  Carrie's Creation silks are also awesome and affordable  If money isn't a concern, my favorite (so far!) would be Gloriana.  They're so wonderful to stitch with.  Oh, can't forget Waterlilies by Caron, also great

I agree, edited to add Dinky Dyes are good too.

Comments

Yes, Dinky Dyes are great are great to stitch with..  Post time 2012-8-27 13:38
I'm not sure about Dinky Dyes... I've only received one order and the threads were sort of "fuzzy", if you know what I mean? Not what I've come to expect from silks. I don't know if I got a b  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-22 08:15

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-5 07:24
| Show all posts
I have the same problem with the Belle Soie silks.  They have beautiful colors but I find them to be more expensive than many others but the silk is very fine and pulls apart so easily when drawn through the fabric after just a short time.  I try to use lengths no more than 12" long and even then I have to have a very gentle hand with them.  I prefer Caron, HDF silks much better for color selection, price, and strength of the silk.  NPI and Gloriana are very nice, too but they tend to cost more than Caron and HDF.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 02:21 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.099754 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list