Forgot password?
 Register
Author: samhain126
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Problems with Belle Soie silks

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-6-22 08:15
| Show all posts

I'm not sure about Dinky Dyes...  I've only received one order and the threads were sort of "fuzzy", if you know what I mean?  Not what I've come to expect from silks.  I don't know if I got a bad batch or if this is normal for them but I haven't ordered any more.  I wish I had a local shop where I could see them in person.

Comments

Sounds like you guys got a bad batch... Usually they are pretty good, I have used them quite a bit over the years and have had no problems with them..  Post time 2012-8-27 13:43
I'm not so sure about them, either. The threads I got had spots of dye all over them which I didn't like. They aren't as soft as other silks, at least to me. I love Gloriana Silks the best, but  Details Reply Post time 2012-8-27 10:33

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-27 09:49
| Show all posts
I love HDF and Soie Cristale...never had any problems with either

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-27 10:15
| Show all posts
I have never triecd HDF silks but maybe I should.   One thing I will tell you all though is that I love stitching with silk threads and  Belle Soie is beautiful but if you ever have to take any stitches out it will leave fibers behind and it is hard to get them out, plus don't ever get it wet as it will stain your fabric really bad.   I use a sticky tape on the fabric after taking something out and when I have any of the color left behind.  I love using Needlepoint Silks but it isn't verigated.  You just have to be really careful with the Belle Soie if you want to use it.  I stitched The Scarlett House Sarah Elizabeth Brooke Sampler with the Belle Soie threads and it was beautiful on the brick building.  I may have to try HDF silks.  I love Gloriana silks but it is really quite expensive. Au Ver a Soie silks are shiny silks if you like that look.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-27 10:33
| Show all posts
xsmom214 replied at 2012-6-22 08:15
I'm not sure about Dinky Dyes...  I've only received one order and the threads were sort of "fuzzy ...

I'm not so sure about them, either.  The threads I got had spots of dye all over them which I didn't like.  They aren't as soft as other silks, at least to me.  I love Gloriana Silks the best, but so expensive!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-27 10:36
| Show all posts
I love The Thread Gatherer "Silk 'n Colours".  Very soft and the colours are beautiful!  Gloriana Silks are also fantastic.  Really rich and soft.  Both are similar to stitch with.  I've done a few projects with both and never had any trouble with the thread..

I haven't tried Belle Soie mostly because it's so expensive and also Crescent Colours aren't colourfast.

Good luck with your next silk choice! :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-27 13:26
| Show all posts
I've never had any problem with Belle Soie. I have shredding problems with Threadgathere's Silk-N-Colors though.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-9-13 14:26
| Show all posts
I prefer AVAS or Waterlilies. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-9-19 01:19
| Show all posts
Has anyone tried Silk N colors before? One of my patterns calls for it.  Never stitched with silks before either, Weeks and GASTs but not silks.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 03:42
| Show all posts
I tried ThreadworX

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-4-4 09:48
| Show all posts
Very Nice!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 08:19 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.038659 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list