Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: matsujuns
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How to store floss

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-5-17 04:32
| Show all posts
I keep one set of DMC on stitch bows and all the rest in plastic bags in three large plastic boxes, silks are in floss bags in a box that looks like a filing cabinet drawer, all are in number order or name order.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-25 01:04
| Show all posts

oh no. I just started using the little stickers. Maybe I should go back with a Sharpie and mark them to be safe :(

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-25 01:06
| Show all posts
bluedales

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-5-17 04:32

I keep one set of DMC on stitch bows and all the rest in plastic bags in three large plastic boxes,  ...

is a stitch bow the same as a bobbin?

Comments

No, a bobbin you have to wind the thread on, a stitch bow you keep the skein intact by hooking both ends in to the bow. Think, )---( something like that but with more closed ends. Hope you can get t  Details Reply Post time 2017-5-25 18:58

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-25 18:58
| Show all posts
PinsAndNeedles

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-5-24 17:06

is a stitch bow the same as a bobbin?

No, a bobbin you have to wind the thread on, a stitch bow you keep the skein intact by hooking both ends in to the bow.  Think, )---( something like that but with more closed ends.  Hope you can get that, or just google dmc stitch bows.  Hope this helps. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-29 05:12
| Show all posts
My husband made a 3 drawer chest to keep my floss bobbins in. At one time I had all of DMC's colours on bobbins stored. in the box as well as Krenik blending filaments and thread. Recently, I have been using individual thread organizers for each project as I have found that if the floss has been on the bobbin too long the floss has kinks in it that can be difficult to remove and keeps the thread from laying flat when stitching. DMC's stitch bows also worked well for me, until you got down towards the end of the skien and then thing could get a bit unruly. I have attached my current favourite thread organizers.

My Favourite holds 22 colors

My Favourite holds 22 colors
     This hedgehog organizer holds 22 colours         

Holds fewer colours. Good for small projects.

Holds fewer colours. Good for small projects.
   The rabbit holds fewer colours and is good for small projects. I also sometimes use one hole for 2 colours.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-14 19:47
| Show all posts
Wonderful tip for beginner stitchers!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-12-2 18:31
| Show all posts
Very nice! Beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing !!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:12
| Show all posts
Thank you for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-5-21 22:21
| Show all posts
Very Nice!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-6-9 21:08
| Show all posts
I used to bobbin, but after so many years they do make the threads fold when you unwind them.  The last few years I just un-skein, cut into 8 x 1 metre lengths, and attach to a keyring fob  with a bobbin just with the colour on.  I can then swap out between projects really easy.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 18:35 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.065345 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list