| Show all posts
Hoop it's very helpfull for emdroiterd.
It's very important to use it.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-17 19:07
| Show all posts
If you are curious about the double handed stitching here are the type of needles I use for it most of the time because I don't have to reverse the needle.

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=123-3245

It works wonderfully for me because I have reached the stage where my hand will go totally numb at night if I don't watch how I use it.  Totally numb in this case means I wake up and it has no feeling, not even pins and needles numb.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-23 19:35
| Show all posts
For me it depends on the size of the project, if i do use them I use Quick Snaps frame and I don't get any marking of the fabric.

http://www.qsnap.com/needlework_frames.asp

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-18 05:15
| Show all posts
I sometimes have small pieces of linen to use up and these are too small for stretching in a hoop or frame and so I have to stitch those without. I think it depends on wether you can keep a good tension with your stitches.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-18 23:24
| Show all posts
q snaps, no sew scroll frames or free hand, I hate hoops !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-12-6 17:05
| Show all posts
I use the hoop then I remove it so it wont leave mark

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-12-28 01:21
| Show all posts
I always use a hoop, but when I stop I take the hoop off!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-23 23:22
| Show all posts

Comments

One word of warning though. I had a project where I used hoops, and when I misted and ironed the piece, some of the colors bled. IMAGINE my horrified reaction to that! I just about had a cow. It t  Details Reply Post time 2013-5-26 05:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-25 21:00
| Show all posts
Since I used a hoop I'm adicted to it. Won't work without it. The inner hoop  I have coverd with biaisband (don't now the right english word). So I can lift the top hoop easy... and put him back.

I only have to think to wash my hands when using a red colour (my favorite). Otherwise I get a red glow on the work...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-26 05:05
| Show all posts
lovestitches replied at 2013-5-23 11:22
Very thorough information. Thanks!

One word of warning though.  I had a project where I used hoops, and when I misted and ironed the piece, some of the colors bled.  IMAGINE my horrified reaction to that!  I just about had a cow.  It took many hours of rescue work to correct that problem, believe me.  I use both hoops and scroll frames, and like both for different reasons and different projects.  Small projects = hoops.  Anything with beads and metallics = scroll frame (because I never want to wash and iron those types of projects.  In fact, I don't wash finished projects unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.)  Hope this helps at all.  :)

Comments

Thanks for the warning. I have never washed my finished pieces either and I have never used hoops.  Details Reply Post time 2013-5-26 16:52

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-2 10:57 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070787 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list