Register
View: 1233|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Question about DMC Light Effects threads

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-2-24 15:39
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi!
Has anyone stitched using DMC's Light Effects threads? They are not for sale in my country (at least not anywhere near where I live), but I'm considering purchasing some from abroad. But, I have no clue how these threads are. How is the texture of these threads? Do they require Thread Heaven? Do you have any tips for using them?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2020-2-4 05:30
| Show all posts
They are not worth it.  Krienik is better
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-9 00:39
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 07:04
| Show all posts
Thank you so much

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-26 00:24
| Show all posts
Lo siento, no los he usado.  Saludes,

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-29 09:12
| Show all posts
I  really hate the DMC Light Effects threads.  I prefer Krenik threads any day of the week.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-17 14:58
| Show all posts
Light effects is hard to work with. They are rigid, and must handle with care to make beautiful stitches.
I prefer Kreinik too.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-17 17:19
| Show all posts
light effect are similiar to hand dyed, you must close each stitch immediatly to get a smooth effect, if not the color looks messy and you lose the shades

kreinik is similiar to metallic dmc, both can profit from using thread heaven but you must remeber to cut them shorter then normal mouline, is no longer the half a yard/45 cm

all of those are more expensive then plain full color so your work will be more expensive

Comments

Dear witch, you are mistaken. This is light effect, similar to mettalics, very rigid floss, hard to work with. Nice and shiny, come in precious metal and gemstone shades. This is variegrated floss,  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-18 01:15

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-17 21:34
| Show all posts
Those threads are horrible.  If you want a metallic take a look at Rainbow Gallery's "Petite Treasure Braid".  SO easy to use.  As a distant second my choice would be Kreinik metallics.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-18 01:15
| Show all posts

Dear witch, you are mistaken.

This is light effect, similar to mettalics, very rigid floss, hard to work with. Nice and shiny, come in precious metal and gemstone shades.
le.jpg

This is variegrated floss, THIS is similar to hand dyed. It is like normal floss, easy to stitch with.
As te color changes, you should complete each stitch separately before beginning the next one, in order the color changes show beautifully.
var.jpg

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-19 06:13
| Show all posts
DMC Light Effects are horrible.  No way are they worth the headache that is stitching with them (even if they are on sale).  Krenik and Rainbow Gallery PTB are much better products.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-10-15 18:45
| Show all posts
Благодаря!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-2 04:47 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083260 sec., 23 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list