Register
Search
Author: loki2012
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Gold needles

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-10-1 13:41
| Show all posts
I've just started using gold needles, because my skin is often ever so slightly clammy - it's not enough that you'd notice if you shook my hand, but it is enough that normal needles make my hands smell unpleasant after a few minutes of use. (I also have a problem with the surface coming off nickel-plated costume jewellery chains or catches within a couple of wears :'()

When I saw gold needles in the shop today I assumed they were designed to make money out of people who think gold automatically makes everything better :) but as other posters have said, some people are so allergic to nickel that they can't touch it for long.

I've not used them long enough to comment on how good they are, but I will definitely buy them again as my hands don't smell metallic after using them. Huge thumbs up from me.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-1 14:48
| Show all posts
yo las he usado y notado diferencia , pero se les va el oro muy pronto

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-1 19:09
| Show all posts
I love a small size needle- I have never used a gold needle- will look at it next time I am in the shops!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-9 07:47
| Show all posts
I've gotten a few in kits and can't say I've noticed anything different about them.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-14 02:16
| Show all posts
I see no difference between the two. I do like to work with a size 28 though.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-14 03:24
| Show all posts
I dunno about whole needles plated with gold, but needles with gold-plated eyes always seem to treat my thread much better. I can thread them easier and they let the thread slip through with less fray. :o

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-16 23:07
| Show all posts
I prefer the permin gold needles.  I don't think they are much better to use, other than the fact that they do not rust as quickly.  I also use 9K gold needles which I had specifically made.  They of course do not rust, however, being that they are gold, they do have a tendency to bend a bit. Hope this helps!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-19 09:52
| Show all posts
i like use small needle. It I'm not wrong, i use the needle no. 11. It's comfortable to make stitches

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-20 18:25
| Show all posts
I use a mix one (the head only) because it's stronger and broker less often

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-21 03:56
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
Oh, hi!
I totally agree w/ Langstep! Size is way much more important to me too.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 05:28 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050209 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list