Forgot password?
 Register
Author: loki2012
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Gold needles

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-10-23 03:44
| Show all posts
When I first used the Rainbow Gallery Wisper thread a woman at my local cross stitch store told me that i needed to use a gold needle to stitch that thread.  She said using the gold needle stops it from getting tangled.  Something went right because I did not have to deal with any knots when I used the gold needle.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-31 11:39
| Show all posts
I use gold needles most of the time because nickle needles tarnish way too fast with me, and then just break.  It has to do with chemistry of my skin I guess.  The same way, gold jewelry is the only kind I can wear...  But regardless of the composition of the needle, the size is even more important

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-9 02:32
| Show all posts
I just use a needle that I feel comfortable with.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-10 20:15
| Show all posts
Just bought the gold ones because I liked the way they looked ;P , didn't have any problems sofar and use them only for 'different things' like (as said before) french knots.
I prefer the 26/28 size needles best as they don't make large holes in the fabric :Q

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-14 01:18
| Show all posts
Spookytooth, I must have had the same bad batch. They are expensive and I do not think they are better.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-14 19:29
| Show all posts
I will only use gold needles now, I am on a daily anti histamine for urtacaria and my hands used to swell so bad because of silver needles. Sew and so do a great set of gold needles and I never had a problem with them and they last for ages, I hope this is not breaking the rules. They are not too badly priced either. Gold is a brilliant needle and I would never go back to silver :D they are great for railroading also and I do agree with other members petite is best

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-15 07:04
| Show all posts
They are all the same only the size

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-12-18 13:38
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-24 23:28
| Show all posts
No difference for me.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-17 11:26
| Show all posts
The biggest reason I've seen to use gold needles is if your body's own chemicals tend to tarnish and turn regular needles.  Beyond that, I haven't seen any evidence that it does or doesn't help.  I'm tempted to try, but they're just too expensive to be of any use to myself.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 04:35 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.040983 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list