icequeen55uk Publish time 2011-12-16 23:59

I'm so envious of all of these stands, I have arthritis in my hands and spine and sometimes just can't hold the hoop or frame properly. I will just have to save up and dream in the meantime!

LucyLiu Publish time 2011-12-17 01:29

I had a floor stand but don't use it any more as I have a magnifying glass on stand can not put two together on the floor and adjust them around.

Bea_Wang Publish time 2011-12-29 13:44

Keiryn replied at 8-15-2011 07:42 static/image/common/back.gif
I use a floor stand and love it. I did use a lap stand in years past, but when I started stitching a ...

Hi! May I know what is the brand of your floor stand and where did you buy it?

HollyBlue Publish time 2012-3-28 15:55

I used to - the best ones are the ones with the arm where you lie your project on the top.The clip ones means either leaving ends to finish off later or always unscrewing and screwing up the clip to rotate it.

Now I use a lap stand with arms as it's less bulky and you can sit anywhere without the floor stand needing room to stand.

quyd Publish time 2012-4-1 10:37

I have never used one, and will not

riverrat Publish time 2012-4-1 12:04

I have two floor stands and love them, couldnt stitch without them.

HollyBlue Publish time 2012-4-7 23:58

I used to use a floor stand but I prefer to not sit in the chair it fitted so now I use lap/table stand instead.

trololo Publish time 2012-4-8 08:06

i dont use anything.but want to buy onefloor stand.i think it would help me to stitch faster ,especialy for big projects .because on small i think there is no need on it:)

Spookytooth Publish time 2012-4-9 01:00

I have a Stitchmaster floor stand and it can also be added to, so I have a magnifying light and chart holder attached.The frame is supported by two bars on the stand so you can lift your frame off and turn it over when fastening off your stitches.I prefer this type to the ones which clamp your frame, as I was worried they might mark my fabric.Also a good frame is the Necessaire, but it is very expensive

TJ Publish time 2012-4-10 19:58

The remarks were very useful for me too! I also want to buy a stand now, because of a larger project. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
View full version: does anyone use a floor stand?