Forgot password?
 Register
Author: xstitch4life
Collapse the left

Floss Saving Technique

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-5-24 19:46
| Show all posts
I like that trick too - but I have heard that some stitchers (not me) like the fibres in the floss to go in the same direction and therefore never fold the floss back on itself.  Seems that some stitchers are very particular!  But I can't really notice the difference, myself.

Comments

I have not been able to tell the difference on this aspect either. In fact, I was very confused when someone brought up this point as an argument against this technique. Glad I am not the only one! :)  Post time 2013-5-24 23:32

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-25 08:25
| Show all posts
Thanks.  This is a great idea.

Comments

Well you are most welcome! I hope this will help you! :)  Post time 2013-5-25 09:29

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-25 20:46
| Show all posts
Yes... I use my floss the same way...

Comments

I had a feeling this is a widely-used technique, but I wanted to offer it up in case there are some people who are not familiar with this method. So happy it works for you too! :)  Post time 2013-5-26 03:29

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-1 21:06
| Show all posts

You are so right when stitching over two threads, and the back is very neat.  However, I got myself into a mess when stitching on linen over one thread (e.g., Heaven and Earth designs), with the floss slipping behind the threads.  So completing one full cross at a time became necessary.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 23:54
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-5 20:58
| Show all posts
Siguiendo este hilo

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-2 03:26 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.104840 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list