Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-16 16:21
| Show all posts
it was useful
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-27 07:37
| Show all posts
Great info. I am currently using the preprinted grid Aida cloth. Thank you for the tip on using water and vinegar to wash the soluable ink away. Also I will try the fishing thread bright color when gridding some of older cloths.

for now, I am extremely happy with the preprinted Aida cloth. I find it easy to focus and not have to count and count.!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-27 18:25
| Show all posts
I stitch both sides of the overlap between pages, So you may have 10, 10, 10....7, 3, 3, 7, 10, 10, 10, etc. It is always easy to find the page breaks, and sometimes the 2nd page may not actually start with a full 10 squares. (10, 7, 3, 3, 5, 10... with a block of 8 - 3 overlap then another 5 before starting the full 10x10's again) I have no idea why they do this but it messes me up every single time if i don't grid. I never learn.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-30 01:03
| Show all posts
I like to use pilot frixon pens for drawing grids. The eraser on them isn't why they vanish, its the heat they make.

You draw them on, stitch the piece and then microwave it a few seconds and the lines disappear.  Only be careful if you are using man made threads - they could melt! Cotton, linen and silk are ok.

Works for marking charts too :D

Comments

But, at least for the Frixon highlighters, as soon as you get the ink really cold again it reappears.  Details Reply Post time 2015-9-27 05:51

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-13 15:58
| Show all posts
I always grid atleast the center line of the project and the outlines of the page - then I start filling in the 10x10 grids, or if it is not as complicated a pattern with fewer color changes, I might just grid 20x20 instead.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-15 13:30
| Show all posts

I have just started using sulky thread by Gutterman and it's brilliant, you can't stitch it into your work and it just pulls out and you can re use it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-19 10:56
| Show all posts
Recently I want to try with washable pens but first will do a test on the web. I can not finish an embroidery with ink stains.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-26 09:06
| Show all posts
I like the idea of thread lines instead of marking with a pen. Great tip

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-4 00:07
| Show all posts
The grids do help a lot but they are also a pain. I just mark dots where the lines meet. Sometimes I miscount too :-(

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-29 14:54 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.048709 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list