| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: cute.panda.sue
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] What does the backside of your cross stitch look like?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-6-30 17:14
| Show all posts
Wow - both of the pics on this page I am stunned cause the few that I have finished are like a total mess in the back LOL!  Guess I am learning and hopefully it will get better I tend to be a bit overzealous about securing the stitches so that doesn't help :(

Comments

I am quite over zealous about securing my stitches, too... I always thread it under at least 3, preferably 5, other stitches... I find that by keeping a neat back (where stitches always go vertically  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-30 17:26

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-30 17:26
| Show all posts

I am quite over zealous about securing my stitches, too... I always thread it under at least 3, preferably 5, other stitches... I find that by keeping a neat back (where stitches always go vertically or horizontally) I have more tight stitches to secure my thread under. If I don't plan and always jump around several stitches, the threads in the back are loose and don't hold as well.

Comments

At least I am not the only one LOL! I try to do one color at once on the fabric and I think that's where I make my mistake cause then I get long stretches of the thread Yeah OCD girl here ROFL!  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-1 04:20

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-30 21:40
| Show all posts
Yenilaia replied at 2013-6-29 08:38
I've seen similar videos done in English... And I guess there are  two things  that bothers me abo ...

You can thread the other side of your cross UNDER the first one, if necessary. I make mistakes sometimes and this method saved me on some occasions.

Comments

Hrm, I'll try that next time! thanks  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-1 04:28

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-1 04:20
| Show all posts
Yenilaia replied at 2013-6-30 04:26
I am quite over zealous about securing my stitches, too... I always thread it under at least 3, pr ...

At least I am not the only one LOL!  I try to do one color at once on the fabric and I think that's where I make my mistake cause then I get long stretches of the thread :(  Yeah OCD girl here ROFL!

Comments

Ya... I don't think I can jump all over the back and doing only one colour at a time... There would be no place to secure things...  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-1 04:32

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-1 04:28
| Show all posts
littleAni replied at 2013-6-30 21:40
You can thread the other side of your cross UNDER the first one, if necessary. I make mistakes som ...

Hrm, I'll try that next time! thanks  :D

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-1 04:32
| Show all posts
abbysmom1976 replied at 2013-7-1 04:20
At least I am not the only one LOL!  I try to do one color at once on the fabric and I think that' ...

Ya... I don't think I can jump all over the back and doing only one colour at a time... There would be no place to secure things...

Comments

Yeah I know I gotta work on that LOL! Gonna try and make my next one look like the back of the pics on this page!  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-1 07:38

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-1 07:11
| Show all posts
the back of your work looks great :)  I have always felt that the back of my material should always be neat. securing threads when starting and finishing and not dragging threads too far and never knots. I stitch my projects doing all of one color at once, like all of the white, then the yellow and so on. I have never made a HAED design nor would I so I understand while doing a project like that you would be stitching areas at a time not color. doing all of of each color at a time also makes me move the hoop which helps from leaving marks. beautiful work on your first project :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-1 07:38
| Show all posts
Yenilaia replied at 2013-6-30 15:32
Ya... I don't think I can jump all over the back and doing only one colour at a time... There woul ...

Yeah I know :(  I gotta work on that LOL!  Gonna try and make my next one look like the back of the pics on this page!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-2 15:52
| Show all posts
my back isn't that nice but i think cross stitch shoud be fun and you should not worry if the back of your work isn;t that great.
It is your project and and the main thing ( for me) is that i have fun stitching it

Comments

I totally wish I could be like that XD but the slight OCD person in me...won't allow it >.> Darn that annoying little voice in my head!  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-2 16:33

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-2 16:33
| Show all posts
brenhines replied at 2013-7-2 15:52
my back isn't that nice but i think cross stitch shoud be fun and you should not worry if the back o ...

I totally wish I could be like that XD but the slight OCD person in me...won't allow it >.> Darn that annoying little voice in my head!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 20:01 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.056235 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list