| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: cute.panda.sue
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] What does the backside of your cross stitch look like?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-3-19 01:57
| Show all posts
Amazing, I learned the back side of your work must look as the front, but we all know it's very difficult.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-3-19 06:07
| Show all posts

Oh my gosh!  This is amazing.  I can barely finished with the front in tact, nevermind the back.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-3-21 15:03
| Show all posts
Great work. I wouldn't trouble, except when stitching table accessories ;)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-3-30 07:22
| Show all posts
Megy

Login/Register to enlarge
2013-6-28 16:55

Hi Yenilaia ..
Congrats for your first project you are very courageous its a big pattern and dark c ...

oh my stars!! there is hardly any difference!! thank goodness i frame most of mine, the back never sees the light of day ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-3-30 07:23
| Show all posts
i don't really stress about my back to be honest, as long as the front is fine and its not too lumpy. i find that the parking method i use means that there are a lot more longer threads as i don't start and stop when i have confetti stitches and most of my work gets framed or canvased so the backs don't get seen ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-3 04:25
| Show all posts
Honestly, once I framed my finished piece, the only side I can see is the front side. Hence I didn’t care much about my back side as long as I didn’t make knot on it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-6 23:10
| Show all posts
OMG! Who cares about the backside?! It is not nesessary if you are cross stitching for pleasure.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-16 19:50
| Show all posts
I'm an inbetweener. I want to keep it as neat as possible, but it's not a priority. In general I skip max two crosses, and if I have to move a larger distance I do so 'hiding' it in the stitches already present. But I don't go out of my way to keep it neat, in the end, as long as it doesn't mess with the framing, the back is pretty much pointless to fuss about. Not like anyone is going to see it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-16 20:27
| Show all posts
Mine looks a little messier than yours. It really depends on how much confetti is in the pattern. But I dont really care about what my back looks like. I dont see how it matters unless you're entering a competition or you have a large knot in the back that would make it an issue when framing it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-14 14:00
| Show all posts
I won’t go past 10 stitches, my back is fairly neat. Confetti doesn’t help

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 00:54 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050031 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list