| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: patorresz
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] How do you organize your patterns?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-12-25 16:55
| Show all posts
i separated by designer on a extra disk

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-12-29 12:21
| Show all posts
Mine is also disorganized. I tried separating each one by designer but I just haven't had the time to go through everything. :(

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-12-31 23:51
| Show all posts
Um, well, I have a very special system :)  I have most stacked in my cedar chest, the ones I'm working on are in a cabinet with all my supplies, that is about it!  I wish I had a better system to find them, but there it is!  Maybe someday though...

Comments

Yep I agree. But that is because all mine is cd or externals for stoage. Never did this XS as a main hobby. As for The others, the only front copy I keep out is of the sets and what's hot now, when yo  Details Reply Post time 2013-5-30 12:28

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-1-17 09:31
| Show all posts
i use file to store my pattern

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-1-21 00:38
| Show all posts
Hi.
Sorry for my english, it is not my native language. So I try explain my system.
I have 7 CD. I have many (MANY) chart in my computer. Now I have new external disk, so I will everything get there. Every pattern has its own folder with name and original number code (like Vercaco 35 429 Cat with dog). Color picture has number 01, chart 02...0X and last number has floss key. These folders are in folder with designer name on it (I mean big designers like DMC, RICO, Riolis, Vervaco...). Others (no name or small designer) are in folder with key-name like Flowers, Tablecloths, Christmas.  
I have no 100% clear, but I try. It is diffucult, but for me only way, how not to be  buried in charts.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-1-22 06:04
| Show all posts
i have two harddrive and in both of them folders named "Chross stiching",i think i should separate my patterns by themes,much easier for me :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-1-27 07:04
| Show all posts
I also keep them in folders with the name and photograph of the design. If several of the same theme I keep together, but always with the name and picture.
:D
Yo también los guardo en carpetas con el nombre completo y una fotografía del diseño. Si son varios del mismo tema los guardo juntos, pero siempre con el nombre y fotografía.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-2 05:46
| Show all posts
Edited by HollyBlue at 2012-2-2 05:48

I used to save them by folders marked with subject but now they just end up in a jumble.  I quite like searching through though.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-1 13:02
| Show all posts
Oh my I am thinking....what ....was I supposed to organize them as I went..I just did a "Cross Stitch" folder and threw them in. :dizzy: Guess I will go sit in my corner and figure out how to redo my mess neater. lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-29 09:03
| Show all posts
I used binder & page protectors.

I used to to put my patterns in a plastic bin, but the bin got really heavy & the lid would come off when I picked it up by the handle.  After having the bin fall on my feet a couple of times, I abandoned the idea of the plastic bin & went with the binders.  Glad I did, because they are much more organized.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-30 03:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057011 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list