Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: matsujuns
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How to store floss

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-1-16 23:40
| Show all posts
I'm in the process of winding mine on plastic bobbins right now. I may be a bit ocd about it tho.  I actually cut them to length and then wind each length onto the bobbin.  That was the one thing I always hated about storing it on bobbins, you'd end up with weird lengths of floss to work with.
I also cut the number from the wrapper and tape it onto the bobbin so I can see it in the storage box.  I tried the labels once but they fell off.  I figured if I was going to tape something on it anyway, why not use the wrapper from the skein??

Comments

oh no. I just started using the little stickers. Maybe I should go back with a Sharpie and mark them to be safe  Details Reply Post time 2017-5-25 01:04

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-27 09:14
| Show all posts
I put mine on bobbins in a box sorted by number.. I have one box that all my bobbin boxes fit into so that it is easy to keep them all in one place together.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-28 17:33
| Show all posts
I keep my mouline threads each separately in a bag in a box divided into colors. Those that I use on a regular basis keep a smaller box. I do not want to waste time winding them on bobins.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-28 20:01
| Show all posts
En una cajonera, enrollados en un plástico.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-29 02:22
| Show all posts
I have plastic bobbin cards which store into a folder system - only downside is not enough for my 100's of threads!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-31 14:11
| Show all posts
I use floss awaybags

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-19 18:02
| Show all posts
I have all my skeins on bobbins and the extra skeins I have in a big plastic bag. When I do a project I take all the colors I need and put them in one box so that I don't need to go over the 5 boxs to find the right color. And Thats a great idea to put a list in the bags with all the Numbers on it. I think i might do that too I got so many extra floss now I have to take all of them out to see if I have a certain number . I'm making a list now thanks for the idea.  
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-20 00:04
| Show all posts
bobbines ... best way

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-9 08:06
| Show all posts
I wind all my cottons onto bobbins and store them in floss boxes and just take out the cottons i need for each project.  I find this works great for me and is quick.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-11 01:33
| Show all posts
I personally prefer to keep the thread on bobbins and keep all of them into boxes according to the numbers. I have seen people keep the thread on paper plate like DIM thread organizer according to continuous thread number.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-23 22:55 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.065384 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list