| Show all posts
a good idea

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-18 07:02
| Show all posts
You look very organized.
I like that you have the name of the colour with its number.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-20 18:48
| Show all posts
I use floss bags too, mine have 3 white stripes on them that you can write on. I dislike bobbins as I dont like the kinks in the thread and with using bags nothings wasted as any usable lengths go back in the bag which cuts down on thread wasteage. also your threads stay clean & bright.

I have the complete set of DMC, satins, varigated, linen ect ect and my bags are stored in numerical order in a 3 draw pine unit. each floss bag has a hole in the corner so that i can pick the numbers i need and put them on a floss ring which hangs off my floor frame.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-8-20 23:44
| Show all posts
Reply 9# guaynia

I've been searching for a long time for a box that would fit the Glad snack bags. The boxes that I currently have are not exactly what I wanted, but they serve the purpose. They are very thin plastic and not very sturdy. I guess I got what I paid for; at $2.29 USD a piece I can't expect much.

Boxes with handles are actually what I want to use. I'm still searching for them. I'm sure one day I'll come across them when I'm not actually looking for them.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-8-20 23:47
| Show all posts
Reply 14# redstar

Redstar I also love not wasting any thread. Even the smallest bit can be put in the bag and reused. I have noticed the threads stay much cleaner and brighter. I also have less knots and twisting. I'm not sure if it's because the thread is new or it's the fact that I'm not winding it around a bobbin.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-8-20 23:57
| Show all posts
Reply 8# jt56

The shoe box that I have is 8 1/4" W x 4 5/8 H x 13 4/9" L (11.8 cm x 20.9 cm x 34.2 cm). The plastic Glad zipper snack bags are 6 5/8" W x 3 1/4" H (16.8cm x 8.3cm). This whole process depends on the size bag you use. I had a hard time finding a box that would fit both the height and width of the bag. If you use a smaller bag then you would probably have an easier time finding a box. I assume the boxes are pretty easy to find anywhere in the world. The box I use is meant to store shoes.

I can fit 85 bags in a box.  If you store more thread in the bag it will be fatter, thus taking up more room.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-21 04:46
| Show all posts
Hi Keiryn:
Not sure where you are located but just in case, Ive seen the boxes at Office Max stores and K-mart

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-22 16:06
| Show all posts
good idea !!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-24 07:17
| Show all posts
great job. you really put an effort on this project.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-2 04:07
| Show all posts
Reply 15# Keiryn

Keiryn,
You can get the plastic shoeboxes faily cheap at wal mart and even cheaper at the dollar store. I use them for all kinds of things. Like to keep all my smaller started projects together and floss storage as well. They are sturdy and stackable. Love them.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-29 03:12 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057810 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list