Forgot password?
 Register
Author: Keiryn
Collapse the left

[Accessories Show] My Thread Storage

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-9-10 05:55
| Show all posts
Great idea. i hate to wind bobbins. I think I'll go sort my floss now....

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-17 02:44
| Show all posts
Very good organization...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-21 12:33
| Show all posts
good idea!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-21 16:00
| Show all posts
That's a good idea.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-21 22:09
| Show all posts
Awesome organization.  I wish I would be that neat and tidy!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-1 06:16
| Show all posts
c'est pas mal classer comme sa

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-1 22:34
| Show all posts
Wow, I see you also have a big collection of floss. Nice idea of storage your floss. But are these little bags so stable?
I would think, that they will damaged very fast by often use.
Also I like, that you write the number AND name of each color on your cards. I guess it's very practical. I always need to look into my list if I want to know this :)
I use, like many others here, bobbins and for an easier and faster winding of the floss, a bobbins-winder. I've found my best way with that.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-1 22:43
| Show all posts
Reply 1# Keiryn

Just as a hint  you need to keep the little Silica packages  that come in different things   such as shoes and electronics   to put in the shoe boxes to keep the moisture out

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-11 20:05
| Show all posts
Glad to see someone who uses the same storage system I do! I have been stitching for 25 years or so and it has taken quite a while to come to this.  I set up my snack bags in photo boxes which are just the right size.  I have a complete set of DMC and it fits in 7 photo boxes.  The reason I like this system is that inside each baggie I have my floss cut in about 18 inch lengths.  Then for each new project I pull a few strands out of the baggie and put it on a thread sorter with holes for each color.  I never take the baggie out of the photo box, so I know exactly where every color is.  When a project is done, I take the left over lengths off of the thread sorter and back in the baggie.  This way I can have MANY WIPs going at once, but still have all of the colors at my disposal in my main set.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-13 23:26
| Show all posts
I have decided that this works well for me too. now I just need to get all the odds and ends from kits assimilated to bags also.  Great!! no bobbins needed!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-29 04:36 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.045864 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list