Post time: 2013-3-8 04:13
| Show all posts
very good idea

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-8 04:22
| Show all posts
That is a good idea. I did mine the hard way by winding on cards but I have a double-sided plastic box that I put all of mine in. It has a handle which makes it easy to carry if I need to take it with me.  I'll post a picture of mine in a thread if I can.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-22 19:59
| Show all posts
very nice..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-18 00:28
| Show all posts
I do mine the same way exect I have mine on metal rings

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-10 01:38
| Show all posts
That is a really good idea, I like that you can see the codes and names very clearly thanks to the tags.

xx

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-10 02:52
| Show all posts
I also use this method for storing my threads, but I don't print the number and name on a sticker, instead, I just write the number (in big font size) on the ziploc bags using permanent marker. Since I don't want to buy index cards, I just use leftover paper that I fold up twice, so it's quite thick.

Before putting the thread into the ziploc bag, I unwind it and divide it into eight parts, which I gather together and fold once. Then, I slip back the label bands over it.  

Because I don't have all the DMC threads (yet), I store them in one of my desk drawers which I divided into two using a cardboard divider.

I don't have many WiP and since I've only started stitching, my projects have been small ones, so when I'm working on projects, I take all the threads (in their bags) I need and put them in a plastic case together with the fabric and the printed pattern.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-11 02:14
| Show all posts
:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-11 11:00
| Show all posts
muy bien archivado, así se mantienen limpios y a la vista :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-14 06:31
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing your idea.  I do a similar thing but I do not have them in a shoe box.  Whenever I am working on a project I collect all the snack sized bags with the thread I need and put them in numerical order.  Then I place these bags (with a punched hole in a corner) on a binder ring.  Those little bags tend to be very slippery.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-8 03:00
| Show all posts
What a great idea! So organized and you don't get the kinks in the floss like with bobbins, thank you so much for sharing :)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-29 11:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.045158 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list