Forgot password?
 Register
View: 843|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Scarlet Quince experience?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-1-13 12:15
| Show all posts |Read mode
Has anyone stitched one of the patterns from Scarlet Quince?  I was thinking about trying one out, but I feel a bit intimidated.  The finished pieces look great, but I'm not sure if I would stick with it.

I would love to hear from anyone with experience using these patterns. :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2015-5-3 02:07
| Show all posts
u gotta just dive into it. Once you do so, there;s no turning back. It's pure satisfaction! Study up on parking method, the youtube video mentioned by Carolyn Mazzeo is a good starting point to learn the basics of parking method. Practise, and you'll soon find a method that you prefer and comfortable with

Comments

Thanks for the tip! I've watched some of her videos but I'll look into the parking method soon.  Details Reply Post time 2015-5-19 11:26
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 03:54
| Show all posts
Following this thread
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-19 15:33
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-9 03:45
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 03:09
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-28 03:30
| Show all posts
Like you, I waffled a long time before finally purchasing my first Scarlet Quince pattern.  I chose one that I really loved, knowing that it was going to take years to stitch it, so I didn't want to get tired of it too soon :)  When I received it, I was intimidated by the fact that almost every stitch uses blended threads.  I started it a few weeks ago, and before too long, I was completely overwhelmed by the confetti.  So I went on the internet and watched some YouTubes on the parking technique (there is a really good one by Carolyn Mazzeo, and that's the method I'm now using).  What a difference parking makes!! It is such a pleasure to stitch, and see the pattern unfolding.  It's absolutely beautiful!
I really think the most important thing with these complicated and time consuming patterns is to pick one that you really love.  Also, many people advise stitching a test piece on different fabrics to see what you like the best.  I went ahead with a 28 count evenweave, two strands over two, and am really pleased with the coverage and the look of it.  It's going to cost the earth to frame because it's so large, so I started saving for that already!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-3-29 09:00
| Show all posts
Thanks so much for your reply!  I'd read about the color blending their patterns included, but it sounds like it's a lot heavier than I thought.  I will definitely have to choose a design carefully, as you said, because it certainly is an investment.

Do you have any photos of your work in progress?

Comments

It's not the best picture - it's so cloudy here today that the lighting isn't great. But can you see on the right side of the stitching how much confetti there is....  Details Reply Post time 2015-3-30 21:47

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-30 21:47
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
xstitchmaven

2015-3-28 20:00

Thanks so much for your reply!  I'd read about the color blending their patterns included, but it so ...

It's not the best picture - it's so cloudy here today that the lighting isn't great.  But can you see on the right side of the stitching how much confetti there is....

20150330_094251.jpg

Comments

Thanks for sharing this photo, it definitely helps me get an idea of the work involved.  Details Reply Post time 2015-5-19 11:25
I stand amazed ! Just the corner you have completed would have taken me a few months. I would not even dare to think of attempting such a large scale ! Works such as this inspire me to continue stit  Details Reply Post time 2015-5-18 09:08

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +4 Collapse Reason
stitcherex + 4 Amazing!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-7 21:05
| Show all posts
I am stitching one right now, and I must tell you, it's not a walk in the park, but it's so rewarding!  The outcome is really beautiful!

Comments

I completely agree!  Post time 2015-4-9 20:43

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-18 09:08
| Show all posts

Mary.Jane

2015-3-30 21:47

It's not the best picture - it's so cloudy here today that the lighting isn't great.  But can you  ...

I stand amazed ! Just the corner you have completed would have taken me a few months.  I would not even dare to think of attempting such a large scale !

Works such as this inspire me to continue stitching. Thanks for sharing :)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-5-19 11:25
| Show all posts

Mary.Jane

2015-3-30 05:47

It's not the best picture - it's so cloudy here today that the lighting isn't great.  But can you  ...

Thanks for sharing this photo, it definitely helps me get an idea of the work involved.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-5-19 11:26
| Show all posts

liyanaosman

2015-5-2 10:07

u gotta just dive into it. Once you do so, there;s no turning back. It's pure satisfaction! Study up ...

Thanks for the tip!  I've watched some of her videos but I'll look into the parking method soon.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-6 05:48 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086700 sec., 24 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list